I am delighted to announce that I am proud recipient of The Liebster Blog Award for up and coming bloggers. ‘Liebster’ is German for ‘favorite’ and so this award is the ‘favourite blog award’.
In order to receive the award there is an initiative ceremony in the form of questions, and passing on the baton to other bloggers (through nominations) that you feel deserve the accolade.
I have pasted the rules below, but first and foremost I want to thank M E McMahon who nominated me for this award (a few months ago may I add, but it has taken some time for me to get round to completing all the rules, oops and apologies!) She writes a great blog called ‘Grandma Says’ about everything and anything, which you can visit at: http://crankycaregiver.wordpress.com/
As part of the award I was asked to reveal 11 random facts about me. So here goes:
I once lived in the jungle with orangutans (and no it wasn’t a dream!)
My favourite film is Momento and in a parallel universe I wrote it.
I often have dreams that are so real it takes a cup of tea to come back to reality.
When I was younger I used to collect stamps, coins and those stickers you scratched to make smell.
I can’t drive. Well I can, but the State hasn’t given me approval to.
I was an only child for 13 years before my two sisters came along.
My favourite place in the whole world is a house I stayed in my own above Death Valley in Bolivia.
I want a dog when I grow up.
I wish I was a bit taller.
I went to boarding school and it was no Hogwarts.
I would love to write an article for National Geographic.
Now my answers to the 11 questions from Grandma Says are –
1) If you were stranded on a desert island, which storyteller would you like to be on your island?
If he wasn’t dead and also rather grumpy it would be Roald Dahl, but seeing as he is both, it would have to be David Attenborough. There’s nothing that man doesn’t know about nature, and his voice is like Galaxy Minstrels.
2) Why did you choose WordPress?
It seemed like the most used and easiest platform. Plus I liked the themes.
3) Do your family and friends support your passion for your blog?
In short yes! I just wish they would write some of the posts sometimes when I am feeling feeble, unmotivated or hungover (hint, hint)!
4) How often do you post on your blog?
Twice a week on Saturdays and Mondays, although I am sometimes late, especially on bank holidays for some reason!
5) Have you met any of your fellow WordPress bloggers?
Yes as two of them are in my writing group. Otherwise, no.
6) What is your favourite hobby?
If writing and reading don’t count, then I don’t think I have one.
7) Where do you look for inspiration for your words?
Other writers, the environment around me, people I meet, friends, experiences I have had, newspapers and popular culture.
8) Would you rather read or write?
For me there isn’t one without the other.
9) Who’s your favourite relative and why?
My grandmother Martha, who while not around anymore lives on through the memory of her wonderful quirks. I will write a story about her one day.
10) When you go to the Reader, do you read the blogs you follow first and then browse through the topics?
I am actually a lazy blogger so usually just look at the ones I follow, recommendations and Freshly Pressed. I rarely look at topics.
11) How did you hear about WordPress?
From a fellow writer and my boyfriend.
Here are my fab five blogs (I actually went against the rules and picked six!) for nomination followed by their 11 questions –
Cease, Cows – http://ceasecows.com/
Niall O’Connor – dublinepost – http://dublinepost.wordpress.com/
Alice Walsh & Michael Naghten Shanks – The Bohemyth Literary Journal – http://thebohemyth.com/
Eithne Reynolds – All Kinds of Everything – http://phonehome2.wordpress.com/
Benjamin Grossman – The Breakdown of Taboo – http://thebreakdownoftaboo.wordpress.com/
Katie Cullen – http://katiecullenblog.wordpress.com/
My 11 questions (yes it’s your turn now nominees):
1) What traits do you admire in people?
2) What traits do you dislike?
3) If you were an animal what would it be and why?
4) What thing (novel, play, song, painting etc.) do you wish you had created/written?
5) Why did you start a blog?
6) Where is your favourite place in the world and why?
7) If you could be on a game show which one would it be?
8) If you had could have ten minutes with someone who is longer around who would it be?
9) What four words best describe your blog?
10) Who is your favourite Muppet character?
11) Do you think 11 questions is too many for this award?
Here are the rules should you choose to accept:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog
4. List 11 Random Facts about yourself
5. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
6. Nominate 5 blogs that you enjoy to receive the award who have less than 200 followers.
7. List 11 questions for your nominees.
8. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.
So that’s it. The gauntlet is passed and now it’s over to you!